Reproductions must be requested through the Specialized Research Collections Request System. USC Libraries personnel are eager to assist library users with their research projects using non-circulating materials (such as archives, rare books, and manuscript items) by providing digital copies of materials for personal use following these guidelines:
- Patrons initiate reproduction requests by completing a Reproduction Request Form.
- Permission to reproduce special collections material is handled on a case-by-case basis depending on the condition of the material and any existing rights issues. If we believe that the item is too fragile or might be damaged through reproduction, the request will be denied.
- Library personnel handle all reproduction requests.
- Reproduction requests are filled as time and staffing permit.
- Reproduction requests may be subject to copyright restrictions and/or fair use guidelines.
- Additional restrictions, including donor agreements, may apply.
- If you intend to publish or cite from material in Special Collections, please contact email@example.com. If you intend to publish or cite from material in the Digital Library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplying a photocopy is not an authorization to publish.
- Limit: 100 reproductions per project.