Special Collections is a non-circulating research library open to the general public. Although no appointments are necessary to view most of our collections, appointments are highly recommended for consulting our archival collections as many are housed off-site and may require at least one week to arrive.
Go to our Specialized Research Collections Request page and register for a research account. This online request service allows you to make requests for materials, track the progress of your requests and plan your visits to our reading rooms anywhere anytime. After registering for an account, you will be able to request items online directly from HOMER and our online finding aids.
1. You will be asked to provide current photo identification upon your arrival in Special Collections.
2. You will be asked to leave all your personal belongings (including all bags, purses, notebooks, books, pens, cell phones) in our lockers. Laptop computers (but not laptop bags) are permitted.
3. Only pencils and note cards (provided) will be allowed in the Reading Room.
4. Materials being consulted must not leave the Reading Room.
5. Eating, drinking, smoking, and cell phone use are not allowed in the Reading Room.