Library Schedule this Week
* Summer Hours: Access to AFA, Philosophy, and Special Collections Mondays-Fridays 9am-12pm is by appointment
850 Bloom Walk, B-4
University Park Campus
Los Angeles CA 90089-0294
Campus map code: WAH
- AFA Circulation Desk Phone: (213) 740-1956
- General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AFA Research Help (architecture, art history, & fine arts): email@example.com
- Primarily for use by USC students, faculty, and staff.
- Non-USC researchers are welcome to use the AFA library; please email us your research question prior to your arrival: firstname.lastname@example.org
About this library
The Architecture and Fine Arts (AFA) Library is located on the ground floor (basement) of Watt Hall (WAH). Watt Hall's entry doors face the courtyard. Go in and take any stairwell or elevator down to reach the ground floor.
AFA Library hours are listed on the USC Libraries hours site. Holiday hours vary. Special Collections/Cage/Rare materials are accessible Mondays-Fridays 9am-5pm.
Please note that during the academic year the building is open Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm. At all other hours the building is accessible through USC card swipe only.
All library services stop 15 minutes before closing, and all patrons are asked to leave before closing time.
Information for researchers not affiliated with USC
The AFA Library is a resource funded primarily for use by USC students, faculty, and staff. Non-USC researchers are welcome to use the AFA library during designated hours. Non-USC users must adhere to the following:
- The library is open to non-USC users during the academic year Mondays-Fridays, 9am-7pm, and in the summers during posted hours;
- There is no access to computers or flatbed scanners in the AFA library for those not affiliated with USC; no exceptions;
- The Doheny Memorial Library is the place to inquire about getting a library card, as described under the "Non-USC" user tab on the lending policies page;
- To use the photocopier, please purchase a copy card at Doheny Memorial Library;
- Materials from the Circulation Desk and VHS/DVDs are not accessible without a USC library card; no exceptions;
- Materials from the Cage and archival materials are available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm in the Rare Books Reading Room only.
Overview and Collection Use Policies
The Architecture & Fine Arts Library (AFA) is located in a modernist setting designed by Becket Associates and Graeme Morland, a faculty member at the School of Architecture, on the ground floor of Watt Hall. It houses more than 75,000 volumes of books and journals dedicated to the studies of art history, fine arts, and architecture, as well as a notable collection of rare titles and artists' books. In addition, the AFA Library has a growing collection of videos and dvds in the arts and design fields. The AFA Library's collection can be searched through the USC Libraries catalog. The library also has several architectural and public-art archival collections. It is part of the USC Libraries system, and adheres to the USC Libraries policies on access and borrowing privileges.
For policies on using the AFA Library and its collections, go to its Policies page.