A specialized library to benefit students in art and architecture was established in 1925. In 1939, the library moved into the newly built May O. Harris Hall. In 1974, the library relocated into the lower level of the newly dedicated Ray and Nadine Watt Hall. The Helen Topping Architecture & Fine Arts Library was inaugurated in 1990. The library features the Alson Clark Reading Room, the Harry and Della MacDonald Periodicals Library, the John Stauffer Atrium (housing the reference collection) and the Torrey H. Webb Rare Books Reading Room. Books and Journals One of the many strengths of the AFA Collection is its book collection in the areas of architecture, fine arts, art history, landscape architecture, and photography. Current and bound periodicals can be found in the periodicals stacks as well as the reading room. Other libraries on campus collect in related areas. These include the Doheny Memorial Library (main research library, concentrating on the social sciences and humanities); the Philosophy Library (aesthetics and philosophy); the Science and Engineering Library (engineering and mechanics; optics); and the Library for International and Public Affairs (urban planning). Books and journal titles held by the USC libraries (including AFA) are listed in the libraries' online catalog. Rare Books The AFA Library has some rare and/or first edition titles that may be viewed in the Rare Books Reading Room. Most titles in the AFA special collection are listed in the libraries' online catalog. Artists' Books Among AFA's holdings is a small collection of artists' books, which may be viewed in the Rare Books Reading Room. These are listed in the libraries' online catalog. Archives The library collects original materials—such as drawings, photographs, slides, and documents—in the areas of architecture, landscape architecture, and public art.