Reservations are available to conduct research with special and archival collections. To help keep everyone safe and to make certain that materials are available, please request items through the special collections request system and reserve a specific time slot for your visit to the reading room in Doheny Library. Reservation hours are between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Details on the process follow below.
- Identify the items you’d like to use in the catalog or online archival finding aids and select the “request” or “request from Special Collections” links.
- When we verify the availability of your items, you’ll receive an email with instructions and a link to schedule your visit. Please plan in advance, as paging materials can take up to one week.
- Submit your reservation request for the preferred time and date of your visit.
- You’ll receive an email with confirmation of your scheduled visit and availability of your items. It also will include a link to check in before you arrive.
- On the day of your visit, please:
- Check in online, using the link in your confirmation email, prior to arrival.
- Bring your physical USC ID.
- Masks are no longer required but remain strongly recommended.
- Upon arrival, show your physical USC ID card and check-in confirmation at the Doheny Library main entrance.
- All faculty, staff, students, and guests should stay home if they are sick.
Reservations are available to members of the USC community and researchers who are not affiliated with USC.
Please check this page frequently for updates to guidelines and accessibility.
Please get in touch with Special Collections at email@example.com with any questions about the reservation process.