USC students, faculty, and staff can now make reservations to conduct research with special and archival collections. To help keep everyone safe and to make certain that materials are available, please request items through the special collections request system and reserve a specific time slot for your visit to the reading room in Doheny Library. Reservation hours are between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Details on the process follow below.
Materials from other library locations, such as ONE Archives, are available for request, but we will bring them to Doheny Library for your use until additional library spaces reopen.
- Identify the items you’d like to use in the catalog or online archival finding aids and select the “request” or “request from Special Collections” links.
- When we verify the availability of your items, you’ll receive an email with instructions and a link to schedule your visit. Please plan in advance, as paging materials can take up to one week.
- Submit your reservation request for the preferred time and date of your visit.
- You’ll receive an email with confirmation of your scheduled visit and availability of your items. It also will include a link to check in before you arrive.
- On the day of your visit, please:
- Check in online, using the link in your confirmation email, prior to arrival.
- Complete your Trojan Check.
- Bring your physical USC ID.
- Bring your mask.
- Upon arrival, show your Trojan Check confirmation, physical USC ID card, and check-in confirmation at the Doheny Library main entrance. Trojan Check is still required to enter the libraries.
For the time being, research reservations are open only to those with USC net log-in credentials. Please check this page frequently for updates to guidelines and accessibility.
Please get in touch with Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the reservation process.
Visit libraries.usc.edu/summer2021 for current information on library spaces, collections, programs, and services.