The Phi Kappa Phi all-university honor society is pleased to announce the Phi Kappa Phi Student Recognition Awards Program for 2021-2022, to recognize outstanding artistic and academic works done by undergraduate and graduate students at USC. Four awards of $500 each will be presented at the Academic Honors Convocation in the spring of 2022.
The following are the criteria for eligibility:
- Students must be currently registered in classes at USC. Proof of registration is required.
- Students may submit materials from any USC school or department, in any discipline, genre, or medium. Submission must be complete work. Incomplete work or excerpts of works will not be accepted.
- Former student winners may not submit works in the year immediately following the receipt of an award. Only one submission per applicant may be entered annually. If a submission contains more than a single work, the works should be in the same genre.
- Research papers, theses, or creative works may be submitted if they are of a quality exceeding the requirements and/or standards of regular course work.
- If more than one person has contributed to the submission, the nature and extent of each contributor’s role must be clarified.
- Each submission must be endorsed for originality and authenticity by a faculty member who is familiar with the student’s work.
- A 500-word abstract should accompany the work. The abstract should describe the work, explain why or how it came to be produced, outline its contribution to the field, and/or establish its originality.
The deadline for submission is Friday, October 29, 2021 at 4:30 pm. The printable entry form is available here; an editable PDF is available here. Complete entries must be submitted to Tim Stanton at email@example.com by that date.