About Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine, the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (PKP) is one of the nation's oldest and largest honor societies and is a charter member of the Association of College Honor Societies. PKP's membership currently numbers more than 900,000 scholars from across the globe. Drawing membership from all divisions within the academic institution, PKP is the largest interdisciplinary honor society. It is in a unique position to cultivate consciousness of relationships by bringing together individuals from a variety of disciplines.
Approximately 32,000 students, faculty, professional staff, and alumni from 281 select colleges and universities are inducted annually. Begun in 1924, the USC chapter is the university's oldest honor society. Membership is by invitation only, with members initiated on the basis of academic excellence and service to the USC community. Now part of the USC Libraries, the USC chapter of Phi Kappa Phi provides opportunities for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty members to be recognized for their accomplishments by a supportive and engaged academic community.
2020 Commencement Message from the USC Chapter of Phi Kappa Phi President, Professor Alexander Capron
2020 Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship for First-Year Graduate or Professional Study
Open to students who will begin their first year of graduate or professional study between May 1, 2020, and February 1, 2021. To be eligible, students must be current PKP members at the time of application or have been invited to join by June 30, 2020.
USC PKP will select:
- Recipients of the local chapter fellowship; number of recipients and amounts of awards vary each year.
- One candidate to compete at the national level for fellowships of $5,000-$15,000.
- One student from among all fellowship applicants to receive the 2020 Carl and Sterling Franklin Phi Kappa Phi Scholarship.
Complete your application online at the national PKP site and then download the PDF of the complete package. Submit the PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accept submissions by physical mail. The USC chapter office must receive completed applications no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
Only one application is necessary. USC PKP will consider applicants for all awards listed above. To begin your application, visit the national PKP site's Award Programs page by clicking here . Scroll down to the Fellowship section and select Apply Now.
2020 Undergraduate Summer Scholarship
The USC chapter of Phi Kappa Phi invites all undergraduate students to apply for a scholarship to support research or creative projects during the summer of 2020:
- The scholarship supports research or creative projects that awardees will undertake during summer 2020.
- Awards of up to $1,000.
- Open to USC sophomores and juniors (as of spring 2020) with a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Phi Kappa Phi membership is not required.
- Applicants must clearly describe how they can achieve the goals of their proposal using online research, digital tools, and other remote means while adhering to USC health guidelines related to COVID-19.
Students graduating in May, 2020, are not eligible. The USC chapter must receive completed applications no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2020. Please submit to email@example.com. We cannot accept physical submissions.
To download general instructions and an application click here.