Of grand proportions in antique gold in the Louis XV French Rococco tradition, with Chantilly lace curtains capped by curved valances of gold satin damask, the Music Salon readily transports one to a salon in Old France. On the walls are tall pier mirrors duplicating the room in endless vistas. The Louis XV furniture, upholstered in its original Aubusson and satin damask was brought to Mexico for the palace of the Emperor Maximillian and Empress Carlota.
Many of the art treasures, objets d'art and family heirlooms are installed in the suite where an Old World atmosphere prevails. Dresden figurines and vases, Capo de Monte urns and two large Meissen vases of heroic proportions grace the tables and arches in this room.
The original floors throughout the Music Salon are Oak decorated with Herringbone parquetry and covered with beautiful Persian rugs of rich, soft colors in intricate patterns. The Music Salon and Library are connected by an arched colonnade.
Within this room can be found a Steinway piano circa 1910, and a Wurlitzer organ, above which is a painting of Saint Cecelia, the patron saint of music, by A. Madaras in 1910. The Music Salon was once the setting for notable receptions and intimate musicales by world-renowned artists including cellists Pablo Casals and Gregor Piatigorsky, and violinist Jascha Heifetz.