Leavey Equipment Check-Out Terms
Check Out Procedure:
- To check out equipment, go to the Leavey Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- A USCard with a valid library barcode is required.
- You will be required to sign a Check-out Agreement when you accept the equipment. This binding agreement describes the equipment in detail, the replacement fees should you lose or damage the equipment, and your responsibilities.
- Most loan periods are for 1 DAY, i.e. equipment checked out any time today would be due no later than midnight tomorrow. Headphones or pen tablets are available for 4 HOUR loan, and a limited number of digital cameras are available for 3 DAY loan.
- Loan periods for the Windows laptops are 8 HOURS, no renewals, and no holds.
Check In Procedure:
- Return the equipment and any accessories to the circulation desk within the loan period.
- Failure to do so will result in fines and suspension of privileges.There is no grace period.
- Late fines:$20.00 per day; Maximum late fine: $100 per item. Replacement fees may also apply.
- You are responsible for any damage or theft to the equipment while it is checked out to you.A visual inspection and diagnostic will be made before and after check out.
- A full statement of your responsibilities is on the Check-out Agreement.
- For more information, please contact Leavey Circulation at (213) 740-4350.
- Leavey Library DVD/VHS Collection Usage Policy
Leavey's Audio-Visual Collection is housed behind the circulation desk, and items must be requested there for check out. All DVD and VHS items may be checked out by USC students, faculty, staff or alumni for 7 days. Other borrowers may check out for 4 hours/in building use only. For more information including fines and exceptions, please click here.
USC students may check out laptops with DVD drives from the Leavey Circulation Desk in order to view the DVDs. Headphones are also available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.