Leavey 1st floor Printers/Scanners/Photocopier Unavailable Starting Thursday, August 11
Study On & Finish Strong!
Keep Calm & Study On!
We encourage students to take a study break and meet our librarians, get some hot chocolate/coffee/tea, cookies, and look at our Popular Reading Collection. We have coloring pages as well, to help students de-stress with a fun activity and then return to their studies refreshed.
Leavey Library 2nd Floor Renovations Complete
Renovation of the 2nd floor in Leavey Library is complete. All areas of the 2nd floor received new carpet, paint and furniture that matches the décor of the 1st floor and basement. Upgrades include:
- more study seats - increased from 206 to 310 seats
- upgraded desktop computers - increased to 76 desktop computers (48 PCs and 28 Macs) running productivity, statistical, and design software
- more access to electricity for laptop users - group study rooms have tables with electrical outlets for laptop use, new study tables and laptop lounge chairs provide easy access to electricity
- improved and new collaborative rooms - 13 group study rooms increased capacity to 4-6 students each, 2 new group study rooms (202A and 202J) added for large groups of up to 14 students each
- more printer/scanner/copiers - new "printer bar" holds 4 printer/scanner/copiers and 1 photocopier
- faster network connectivity - within the next month, network connectivity will increase 10 times to 1 gigabit per second
- new reading area in lobby - New Books (books added within last three months) and McNaughton Collection (recent bestsellers), with comfortable chairs
- Information Desk - open all building hours with help for reference questions, printer and computer issues on the 2nd floor
- Library Security Desk - laptop lock checkout and help with security issues
- Research Consultation Room - research consultations with librarians
The 2nd floor renovation was funded by the Provost's Office.
Leavey Library Lower Level Renovations Complete
The Lower Level of Leavey Library has been renovated. Spaces include:
- enhanced university classrooms - rooms 3Y and 3Z were merged to create a larger classroom 3Y, the auditorium was modernized to create room 17. In total, there are six university classrooms on the Lower Level: 13, 16, 17, 3B, 3V, 3Y
- upgraded collaborative rooms - the 17 group study rooms contain LCD displays and HDMI connections for students collaborating with laptops
- multimedia lab - 7 Macs with video and audio editing software
- Please contact ITS Learning Environments for information - itservices.usc.edu/spaces
USCard Swipe Now Required To Access Leavey Library From 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Between the hours of 9:7:00 a.m. all patrons will be required to show a valid USC ID card to enter or remain in the building.
USCard Swipe Trial Runs: Card Required to Access Leavey Library From 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Leavey Library Stairwell Closed for Painting
The Leavey stairwell for all floors will be closed starting July 6th. Please use the available elevator and emergency stairwells for access to 1st, 3rd and 4th floors.
Leavey Library's Second Floor Closed for Renovations
The second floor of Leavey Library will be closed for the summer and will reopen for USC's fall 2015 semester with fresh paint and carpet, upgraded computers, and two new large study rooms.
The second-floor printer has moved temporarily to the third floor. Students in need of desktop computers should visit one of ITS's three computing centers on campus.
Ahmanson Information Commons at Leavey Library Closed for Renovations
The lower level of Leavey Library is closed for renovation until August 24, 2015.
MacBooks may be checked out at Waite Phillips Hall (WPH) and King Hall (KOH).
Windows Laptop Checkout
Leavey Library now has Windows laptops available for graduate and undergraduate checkout ONLY. These laptops feature web browsers, Microsoft Office, and Acrobat Reader. The checkout period is 8 hours, no renewals, and no holds. These laptops are available on a first-come, first served basis and must be returned to the Leavey circulation desk by the due date/time to avoid fines. Patrons must complete and sign a borrowing agreement form.
Assistive Technologies Room
Leavey Library provides users with disabilities equal access to computing resources through a variety of adaptive technologies, such as braille and E-text conversion services.
For more information on the available technologies and on the training program for their use, please contact the Center for Academic Support and Disability Services and Programs Office at (213) 740 0776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.