Reimagining How We Teach Research Skills
Los Angeles, CA
Learning to find, evaluate, and use information is a lifelong journey, and students come to classes with vastly different experiences. At this event, USC instructors will discuss their collaborations with librarians to teach research skills and incorporate them into their courses. The session will begin with an introduction of ways the USC Libraries can work with faculty to help students get the most out of their research assignments. The second half of the session will feature a panel of faculty members who will describe how their courses changed as a result of collaborating with librarians through the Libraries’ Information Literacy Course Enhancement Grant program.
Light refreshments will be served.
- Maria Mercedes Fages Agudo Dornsife College, Latin American and Iberian Cultures
- Alison D’Amato Kaufman School of Dance
- Elizabeth Galoozis USC Libraries
- Katherine Kapsidelis USC Libraries
- Natania Meeker Dornsife College, French and Comparative Literature
- Lori Mesrobian Dornsife College, Latin American and Iberian Cultures
- Michaela Ullmann USC Libraries