In August, prior to the start of the fall semester, the USC Libraries will be taking the wraps off a revamped web site that offers significant improvements for our user community. Thanks to feedback from our users, we have simplified both the ability to search for resources and the way in which the results are displayed. In addition, all of the USC Libraries sites will now be integrated into one home page. See below for further details about the enhancements, which include customization options and collection highlights.
August 5: Norris Medical Library and Bioinformatics Unit
August 19: USC Libraries and Wilson Dental Library
Changes for libraries.usc.edu
- New Integrated Search
- New search tool aggregates search results from a number of USC Libraries resources and splits them based on the source and type of content.
- By changing the search bar dropdown, users can directly search catalogs, archives, or the entire website.
- Search function will now be accessible from every page on the new website
- Expanded Dashboard Functionality
- A new dashboard enables users to customize their preferences, save favorite content—such as databases, rooms, and library locations—and manage checkouts, interlibrary loans, LibCal reservations, and course reserves.
- New Highlights
- The site features a dedicated section to showcase our rare or unique primary sources—and the compelling ways in which we use them in exhibitions, instruction, and public programs.
Changes for nml.usc.edu and wdl.usc.edu
- The Norris Medical Library (NML) and Wilson Dental Library (WDL) websites will now be integrated into libraries.usc.edu
- nml.usc.edu and wdl.usc.edu will redirect users to the corresponding sections of the new website; bookmarked links from the previous sites will continue to work
- The NML and WDL sections of the website will have their own menus for easy access to the resources and services for each user population
- NML and WDL website users will still be able to quickly search PubMed and the Health Sciences Libraries catalog
- Bioinformatics Service will now have a dedicated section within the main site
- QuickLinks will remain on the NML and WDL landing pages as well as the libraries.usc.edu homepage
- WDL users will now have access to Health Sciences Libraries chat, Monday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.