The University of Southern California commemorates Black History Month this February with a series of programs organized around the theme of Celebrating Black Joy. Students from the USC Black Student Assembly and Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs chose the following book titles to further conversation around the events—and to celebrate Black history beyond the 28 days of February.
- Please Don't Sit on My Bed in Your Outside Clothes by Phoebe Robinson
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- Well-Read Black Girl by Glory Edim
- Aquarius the Book of Mer by Afua Richardson
- The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman
To discover more USC Libraries resources related to Black History Month, consult librarian Christal Young's African American Studies research guide.